Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Furies of my soul

The furies of my soul are once again raging.
Oh no they escaped to place battle upon the innocent of my life.
I grab them tight and push them in and lock the door behind.
Once the storm calms down I am apologizing again,
For uncontrolled darkness that escapes from within.

I keep them locked up tight in a very dark place,
Where they cannot escape.
At first there was only a few.
Broken Heart was first, Broken Trust another.
They were fine for a while and stayed to themselves.

They multiply over time –
Denial sets in to live, then Anger and Hatred too.
But none is more powerful then Bitterness and Resentment.
Those two can unlock any door I build.

Years go by I allow them to stew there.
I try starving them out so they will die.
They only grow.

I try building the wall thicker so they stay at bay.
They start yelling at me constantly!

They have a friend! Her name is Stress.
What a bitch she is?
She tries to break me open with aliments she inflicts.

I figured out a plan so sweet to rid the sorry bastards.

First I get Broken Heart to leave,
Then I force Broken Trust to follow.
Denial is tough she is very good at making me forget.
I don’t let her play no more.
Anger and Hatred left on their own and took Bitterness and Resentment with them.

Broken Trust is crazy she visits every once in a while.
Somehow I reason with her to leave.
Broken Heart stays gone; the one I love has mended her.

Furies grow and multiply this much I know is true.
Don’t lock them up let them out as soon as they come to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment